TAKE THE SALGBA CHALLENGE!
CHALLENGE DEFINED - (WIN ONE OF FIVE SCHOLARSHIPS TO THE SALGBA 2016 CONFERENCE!)
Full Brochure :: Downloadable Application
The SALGBA Challenge is designed to motivate you to take
the next step and implement an idea surrounding employee health care within your state or local entity. Any current SALGBA member is eligible to participate in the Challenge.
How do you begin?
- To start, review what's working and not working in your organization related to health care. It can be about plan design, benefit options offered, wellness initiatives, resources provided or the ways to engage employees in caring about their health care.
- Then, come up with an idea that could make it work better.
- Next, you will need to gain support for your idea and put a plan in place to implement your idea. Leverage the four pillars throughout all levels of the organization. Remember to take small steps, and celebrate as you reach each milestone.
- Document your process along the way and capture the results. What took place after your idea was implemented? What were the results achieved? For example, did your idea impact health care costs in a positive way? Are more
individuals taking accountability for their health care behaviors?
How do you take the Challenge?
The application process can be found online here. You will need to describe your idea, the process used to gain support and implement your idea and the results achieved. Be prepared to include relevant documentation with your submission. Applications must be submitted by January 17, 2016, to be considered.
What are the rewards for the three winning ideas?
SALGBA will fund five scholarships for the states or local entities with winning ideas. (The value of each scholarship will be limited to a maximum of $2,000.)
- The first place winner will receive three fully paid registrations for his or her organization for the SALGBA 2016 Conference.*
- The two runner-ups will each receive one fully paid registration for his or her organization for the SALGBA 2016 Conference.*